TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Spin Dance Fitness Studio
Please take the time to read our terms and conditions
Bookings, cancellations and general
1. All classes can only be attended when booking via contacting us at email@example.com or contacting us on 07807 586892.
2. You will need to pay for your class in advance via online banking or bringing cash or cheque to your class.
3. If you miss a class for whatever reason, you are entitled to a catch up class. A catch up class is to be taken in addition to your normal class. The catch up system applies to Pole Dancing and Aerial Hoop Classes.
4. Cancellation of your class is required at 24hours notice. If you cancel your class in less than the 24hrs you will forfeit your catch up session and payment for the class. This also applies if you do not turn up to your class without any notice.
5. Spin Dance Fitness Studio reserves the right to amend class times, types and instructors without prior notice.
6. Please arrive on time for your class. Instructors reserve the right to refuse entry to a class once the class has started. In this circumstance, we will still require full payment for the class.
7. It is our customers responsibility to inform their instructor of any injuries or health concerns that may affect their ability to exercise.
8. If you have any doubts about your safety or capability to undertake physical exercise we strongly recommend that you take independent medical advice before undertaking any or continuing to take exercise.
We reserve the right to make changes or modifications to the Studio rules or the terms and conditions without notice in writing to you. Spin Dance Fitness Studio and instructors of the facility shall not be liable for any loss, damage or theft of personal property belonging to its customers, occurring at the Studio premises or at any event organised outside of the premises by Spin Dance Fitness Studio . Spin Dance Fitness Studio and instructors shall not be responsible for any injury upon the premises or at any event organised outside of the premises by Spin Dance Fitness Studio as a result of the misuse of the facilities and or equipment provided. Customers who are in any doubt as to their physical fitness should seek medical advice before training.
Policy as of May 2018.
The personal data we collect
We require this information to enable you to use the services we offer at Spin Dance Fitness Studio. It is necessary to
a. Fill in a screening/disclosure form when you begin classes at Spin Dance Fitness Studio. This information will include your full name, home address and telephone number, along with the information regarding your personal and current state of physical health and fitness.
c. We may use your contact details to inform you of changes that may affect your participation at Spin Dance Fitness Studio. This can include changes to the timetable, classes, opening hours etc.
d. We may periodically send promotional emails and/or texts about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and telephone number which you have provided.
e. You can also contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want to receive such emails or texts.
f. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you contact us via social media
We use Facebook and Instagram to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media, the message will be managed by our management team and not shared with any other staff or organisations.
Access to Personal Information
Under the data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. Spin Dance Fitness Studio tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who it could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Spin Dance Fitness Studio for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in an email to email@example.com. Any data request will be dealt with the data controller and provided free of charge within 30 days of written request.
Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However, when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation concerned and with other relevant bodies.
This can include:
1. Agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information;
2. Circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent. For example; to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics.
3. Our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete personal data, and how we check that the information we hold is accurate and up to date.
Complaints or Queries
Spin Dance Fitness Studio aims to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
COVID-19 Studio Procedures
COVID - 19 Studio Procedures
- please do not attend the studio if you are feeling unwell, experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or are waiting on test results
- all members will be required to sign a new COVID-19 waiver before participating in any classes. (Details to be released this week)
- arrive to your class on time in your aerial attire, and only bring essential items into the studio (grip aid, a drink & phone etc.) The black “cubby holes” will not be in use for members at the moment to avoid gathering in one area.
- we will not be able to provide cups at the studio so please bring your own drink with you
- wait in your car or the car park to be called into the studio for your class. This will allow us to avoid lots of members crossing paths in a small space. The snug will not be in use for members at the moment
- as you enter the unit, you will see a wall mounted automatic hand sanitizer. Please sanitize your hands before you enter the studio. There is also a hand sanitizer located in the studio next to the toilet
- the toilet now has an automatic sensor light, which means it will turn itself off and on (no need to touch any switches). The toilet is also equipped with handwash, blue roll and large bin.
- when you enter the studio, collect your own cloth and cleaning solution bottle to clean your equipment. When your class has finished pop your used cloth in our “cloth bin” and return your cleaning solution bottle to its home (all will be labelled and accessible)
- aerial hoops are brand new and will remain untapped for a little while to allow for cleaning. You may want to wear shorts so that you can grip to your hoop, however this is personal preference
- crash mats will be cleaned in between classes
- if you sweat a lot when exercising please bring a clean towel with you to wipe yourself down. Your towel must not be used to clean the studio equipment
- you will not be required to wear a face mask/face covering to class. “All forms of face coverings may restrict breathing efficiency and should not be used during exercise except on specific advice from a physician”
- in some cases, equipment may need to be shared (Aerial Hoop classes, wanting to use a particular pole etc.). As per the government guidelines, equipment can be shared providing it is cleaned in between usage
- when your class has ended, please leave promptly with all of your belongings to allow other students to arrive for their class
- yoga mats and blocks will not be used at the moment
- the front door and studio door will remain open when classes are running to allow for appropriate ventilation. The studio fans will not be in use at the moment
- we will still be accepting cash as a form of payment for your classes, however if you would prefer to be cash-less we can provide you with our bank details for an online payment. Online payments must be received prior to you attending your class.
- on return to the studio, your instructors will be leading you through your classes to build your strength and stamina up gradually after the lockdown break. Instructors will not be spotting members at the moment to adhere to social distancing rules and will therefore will plan their lessons accordingly. The SD team will review this on a four weekly basis to suit government guidelines.